Osprey Stratos 36 Liter Backpack
What size of pack do you take on a microadventure?
The updated Osprey Stratos 36 Pack continues to offer a full-featured, ultra-comfortable design in a versatile and ventilated daypack, and adds a simplified fit and upgraded style and materials.
- AirSpeed™ suspension incorporates a lightweight alloy frame and cross struts with a tensioned mesh back panel for support and flexibility while carrying heavy loads
- Contoured shoulder straps and hipbelt with ErgoPull™ closure have breathable mesh and perforated, molded waffle foam at contact points for breathability and comfort
- Top/panel-loading design gives you easy access to the pack’s contents; internal sleeve with hanger and central exit port holds a hydration reservoir (sold separately)
- Large, zippered front pocket stashes a jacket or other bulky items; mesh side pockets, zippered top pocket and zippered hipbelt pockets let you organize and access small items
- The Osprey Stratos 36 Pack features a lower sleeping-bag compartment, integrated raincover, trekking-pole attachment point and single ice axe attachment loop and handle clip Imported.
This is a versatile pack great for both hiking and traveling around. The pack is 36 liters with a built in rain cover and a place for a sleeping bag. So, the pack is big enough for anything you would want to bring on a day hike but still small enough to bring as carry-on on an airplane. One of my favorite things about this pack is the ventilated back that allows your back to breathe during the summer months, so you don’t have the massive sweat stains after a short hike. The pack also has a place to hold a 4 liter bladder, and a convenient hip belt pocket for easy access for a phone or camera. There are some things that could be better with the pack, such as having multiple sections on the inside of the pack for more organization. This pack has one main pocket which can make it difficult if you like everything in a particular part of your bag. Also, Osprey backs are narrow on the back so if you have broad shoulders this pack might be a little uncomfortable. I do believe the positives on this day pack highly outweigh the negatives, especially when you factor in that Osprey has a lifetime warranty on all gear. So, if the zipper breaks or there is a tare in the bag. Osprey will fix it for you free of cost. This pack is affordable and you should be able to find one for no more than 115 dollars.
Q & A
The Stratos 36 measures 26 x 13 x 12 inches for the S/M size. The M/L size will measure 28 x 13 x 12. This will more than likely be too big to fit under the seat or even the overhead bin of an airplane.
We would highly recommend checking with your airline prior to traveling.
Is the lid removable and if so does it have the “flap jacket” like the Osprey Exos ? The Stratos 36 Pack does not feature a removable top lid.